|All Products - Version History
Outdoor Premium Release 2.00 - 31st August, 2005
Release 2.00 The newest product is a major upgrade
from the previous version. Development has moved on to some
exciting new features for the major release, the "Outdoor
Premium Release 2". WinAirsnort 2 includes now many new
features and enhancements for the 802.11g WiFi network.
We recommend that everyone upgrades to the latest version and
benefits the latest Wifi environment 802.11g.
This version provides users with :
- Drivers for Wireless cards.
- Fast packet Analysis with the "Enhanced mode".
- New statistics algorithm for packet analysis.
- WEP subroutine implemented with a better accuracy.
- A WPA and WPA2 algorithm subroutine implemented, available
in beta test only.
- 256-bit enhanced decryption mode, available in beta test only.
- Supporting Wireless cards other than Orinoco.
- A new graphic interface available on Windows XP.
- A GPS data interface for those who have a handy GPS device
and want to track Wireless SSID.
- A new InstallShield Setup program with Uninstall features
for the DLL libraries.
File Editor and WEP File Analyzer - Available on
Release 1.0 for both products.
Release 1.0c - 15th March, 2004
Release 1.0c corrects the "makensis.exe"
bug during the installation of the program into the WinAirsnort
Folder and after the first initialization. This version contains
also all the drivers included in the previous version.
Release 1.0b - 1st March, 2004
Release 1.0b of Winairsnort includes drivers for Cisco Aironet
340, Cisco Aironet 350, Orinoco PCMCIA card, Proxim Gold cards
Release 1.0 (Special Edition) - 1st October 2003
Release 1.0 corrects spurious bugs on hardware, now fully
compatible and tested with Prism-2 chipset. Also implemented
brand new functions for WEP decoding. Spurious bugs have been
|» WinAirsnort 0.29b -
This first release has been developped using Microsoft compiler
Visual C++ 6. The Development version is available but was suffering
from multiple bugs, now corrected on the Special Edition available